Rocky Ridge Source Development
For multiple years, Franson Civil Engineers has assisted Rocky Ridge with improvements to its water system. One item included a new culinary water well.
Our work included:
- Performing a hydrogeologic investigation to identify the optimum place to drill a well to meet production requirements for Rocky Ridge. The investigation was concerned with the geology and hydrogeology of each proposed well site.
- Preparing a Preliminary Evaluation Report for the new water source, which contained a delineation report and a potential contamination source inventory. The delineation report used geologic and hydrogeologic data to calculate and construct source protection zones.
- Preparing plans and specifications for the 24-inch well in compliance with Utah’s Administrative Rules for Public Drinking Water Systems
- Coordinating with the Division of Drinking Water, which approved the documents
- Preparing and submitting the funding application to the Division of Drinking Water and performing coordination for funding acquisition. Rocky Ridge chose not to pursue this project.